5105 Kennett Pike (Route 52) Winterthur, DE. 19735
Winterthur Mansion was the home of Henry Francis du Pont, a renowned antiques collector and horticulturist.
Henry Algernon du Pont designed Winterthur Mansion in the spirit of 18th- and 19th-century European Country Houses. The younger du Pont added to the home many times thereafter, increasing its number of rooms by nearly sixfold. After he established the main building as a public museum in 1951, he moved to a smaller building on the estate.
- Built in 1880
- Main House- 96,582 sq. ft.
- Cottage- 21,345 sq. ft.
- Acres- 979 acres