Coliemore Rd, Dalkey, Co. Dublin, Ireland
From the Christie’s description: “A romantic castlellated mansion enjoying a rich historical provenance and a quite spectacular and remarkable coastalposition, with its own private harbour and ease of access to Dublin’s city centre and international airport. The magnificent working harbour is one of only two in private hands in Dublin and provides direct sea access. Inside there is a real connection to the waterside position with magical seaviews from all the principal rooms.
In all the accommodation extends to some 536 square metres / 5773 square feet, including a lodge house. The grounds comprise approximately 0.3 hectare / 0.75 acre (0.4 hectacre / 0.8acres to shoreline).
Dublin city centre less than 10 miles / 16 km approx. Dublin International Airport 16 miles / 25 km approx. Dalkey village 0.34 mile / 550m approx. M50 orbital motorway interchange 3.5 miles / 5.5 km approx. Dublin Rapid Transit Train (DART) from Dalkey to central Dublin takes 30 minutes.
A most appealing detached Victorian waterfront mansion spectacularly positioned with panoramic coastal views. The magnificent views stretch from Dun Laoghaire over the bay to Howth peninsula, taking in the rocky sea shore and Dalkey Island and The Muglins.
Enjoying a rich provenance and history, Inniscorrig was built circa 1847 by the renowned Dublin physician Sir Dominic Corrigan, who first diagnosed the heart condition now known as Corrigan’s Pulse. He built Inniscorrig as a summer retreat. Prominent guests included Kings Edward VII and George V of England. The visits were commemorated by a crown and star set in pebbles into the patio terraces on either side of the front door along with elaborate plasterwork motifs throughout. Corrigan, himself, is commemorated in a granite bustover the front door.”