Photo 1 out of 16 picturing Ashley House, UK
M8, Ratho, Newbridge, Edinburgh EH28, UK
Interior, exterior and aerial photos page: 1
This UK mansion house is a 24 acre estate just outside Edinburgh, which is Scotland’s capital and has updated, modern amenities. It is a residential estate less than 5 minutes’ drive from the Edinburgh international Airport. Comprehensively refurbished Victorian country house, with Georgian style additions including a magnificent orangery and spacious bright public rooms.
One of the most attractive Edinburgh Family homes to come to market in recent years, Ashley House stands on rising ground to the south and west of the Gogar Burn, with a southerly aspect from most rooms and is a rare example of an extremely secluded and comfortable family country house under 8 miles from Edinburgh city centre. The house sits within compact policies surrounded on the north, east and south by tree-studded parkland, with a stable block and walled garden to the west.
- Ground Floor: Vestibule, Reception Hall, Drawing Room, Dining Room, Orangery, Sitting Room, Kitchen/Family Room, Utility Room, Office, WC.
- First Floor: Landing, Master Bedroom with en-suite Bathroom and Dressing Room, five further Bedrooms, two Shower Rooms, one Bathroom and WC.
- Lower Ground Floor: Playroom, Gym, WC and five Storage Rooms
- Substantial, attractive stone built coach house and stable courtyard incorporating separate staff flat.
- Walled garden with stone pavilion.
- Established, mature parkland with specimen trees, fenced paddocks, outbuildings and impressive driveway approach.
- Around 24.84 acres (10.05 ha) in all.
Hilly Edinburgh has a medieval Old Town and an elegant Georgian New Town, with gardens and neoclassical buildings. It’s home to Arthur’s Seat, an extinct volcano in Holyrood Park with sweeping views from its peak. Looming over the city is hilltop Edinburgh Castle, home to Scotland’s crown jewels and the Stone of Destiny, traditionally used in the coronation of Scottish rulers.