45 East 74th St, New York, NY, 10021
One of the most expensive homes sold in New York in 2013, 45 East 74th is representative of an architectural craftsmanship and design that pays homage to the sense of style and elegance characteristic of the historic Upper East Side. Reminiscent of Renaissance Italian architecture, the home draws exterior inspiration from classic Rome, perfectly integrated with warm and rich contemporary interior design.
Built to last for generations, the extreme attention to quality and detail expressed in this residence is rare in this era, from hand-crafted bronze and leather banisters, Italian marble facade imported from Italy, and honed mill work panels, to the precisely-refined coffered ceilings, this home exemplifies grand luxury. The building’s hand-carved Italian limestone façade unites undeniably luxurious meticulously designed interiors with breathtaking outdoor spaces. While the façade and portico are classic neo-Roman, ornamental Doric columns and pediments cut from solid blocks of cream-colored limestone, the interiors are incredibly modern and no less stunning. Grand and distinct, the interior features a bisazza mosaic tile-lined swimming pool and spa, wine cellar, state-of-the-art kitchen, ten-foot ceilings, and a striking amount of space for entertaining guests, all bathed in an abundance of natural light.
Perfectly positioned on a prime residential block between Park and Madison Avenues, the townhouse is nestled in the heart of Manhattan’s historic Gold Coast. Originally constructed in 1879, a century later, this spectacular home has been dramatically reinvented and technologically transformed into one of the most beautiful luxury residences in New York’s Upper East Side Historic District.
- Type Upper East Side Townhouse
- Sold Price $26,000,000 USD – (November 2013)
- Original Price $30,000,000 USD
- Bedrooms 5
- Bathrooms 7 + 1 powder
- Levels 7 storey
- Size 9,000 sq. ft.
- Pool Interior basement swimming pool clad in Bisazza Mosaico glass tile finishing with a water wall illuminated by skylight.
- Poolroom with Navona Travertine slab walls and floors including Spa fitness area and steam sauna.
- Exterior Handcrafted Italian Caliza Capri Limestone Façade with Doric Colums.
- Roof and four terraces with sealed Brazilian Ipe hardwood decking.